Last Updated: Jan 15, 2013
Databases by Title
- Last Updated Feb 26, 2013
Check out our featured databases or browse databases by title by selecting a tab at the top of the page
1,597 views this year
- Last Updated May 15, 2013
754 views this year
- Last Updated Mar 6, 2013
316 views this year
- Last Updated Aug 9, 2012
Pages in this guide cover various aspects of higher education
224 views this year
- Almanac of Policy Issues
"The Almanac is an independent public service not affiliated with any particular issue or cause. Every effort is made to present all sides of each issue, and to do so in an unbiased, journalistic format. Public policy organizations wishing to submit web sites or individual web articles to the Almanac may do so by email. Submission does not guarantee inclusion."
- AARP Public Policy Institute
AARP PPI intends to inform and stimulate public debate on issues Americans face as they age.
- Center on Budget and Policy
The Center conducts research and analysis to help shape public debates over proposed budget and tax policies and to help ensure that policymakers consider the needs of low-income families and individuals in these debates.
- Center for Law and Social Policy
Develops and advocate for federal, state and local policies to strengthen families and create pathways to education and work.
- Issues & Research-National Conference of State Legislatures
The National Conference of State Legislatures is a bipartisan organization that serves the legislators and staffs of the nation's 50 states, its commonwealths and territories.
- National Center for Policy Analysis
The National Center for Policy Analysis (NCPA) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public policy research organization.
- Social Programs That Work
Sponsored by the Coalition for Evidence-Based Policy,a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, whose mission is to increase government effectiveness through rigorous evidence about “what works.”
- Public Agenda
"Nonpartisan and nonprofit, Public Agenda was founded by social scientist and author Daniel Yankelovich and former Secretary of State Cyrus Vance in 1975. Public Agenda's two-fold mission is to help:
* American leaders better understand the public's point of view.
* Citizens know more about critical policy issues so they can make thoughtful, informed decisions."
- Social Work Policy Institute
"The Social Work Policy Institute examines issues that relate to the work of social workers, including how to serve people who have multiple or complex needs and how public agencies and other structures deliver health and human services."
- Stateline - News about state government and politics from The Pew Center on the States
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services- Office of the Asst. Secretary for Planning & Evaluation
The Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation (ASPE) is the principal advisor to the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services on policy development, and is responsible for major activities in policy coordination, legislation development, strategic planning, policy research, evaluation, and economic analysis.